The northernmost province in the Philippines is now one of the top emerging tourist destinations in the country. More and more people are coming to witness the breathtaking beauty it has, as it becomes more accessible to tourists. If you want a preview of Batanes’ charm, here I listed different ways to make your stay worthwhile. Okay I admit it, there are more ways than the ones listed here, but I promise these are the best ever!
1. Tour around Basco with a bike.
Usually, bike rental is only ₱20 per hour
2. Taste a delicious cup of coffee or hot chocolate at Phil’s Brew Coffee Shop.
Bonus: try their glutinous rice delicacy (suman) that goes perfectly with your cup of hot chocolate (which I highly recommend)
3. Feel the cold breeze all day errday
4. Try this barbeque stall in front of Pension Ivatan (for appetizer yes!)
5. …..then dine in at Pension Ivatan (the most famous in Batanes)
Must tries: Seafood Kare-kare and Bulalo
6. Who wouldn’t want to experience buying at the Honesty Shop?
7. ….there you can rent these vakul (headgear) and kanayi (vest) for ₱40!
Please wear with care!
8. Pay a visit to the PAG-ASA complex built on a hill
9. Then attend a holy mass at San Jose el Obrero Church in Ivana
10. Never miss the 4pm mass in Tukon Chapel!
11. Have you ever been into a Japanese tunnel?
12. Brave a rocky boat ride going to Sabtang Island
Oops, catch your breath. Hold on, there’s more!
13. …and Itbayat Island (more extreme and longer ride)
14. See yourself rollin’ (they hatin’) on the Naidi Rolling Hills
15. And on Marlboro Country, Vayang Rolling Hills
16. Then meet your new friends!
17. A perfect 360˚ panoramic view at the Basco Lighthouse yes?
18. Hmm how about a peaceful view from the Tayid Lighthouse in Mahatao?
19. Of course, let’s not forget Sabtang Lighthouse!
20. Be mesmerized by these towering cliffs of Itbayat Island
21. Walk through centuries-old Savidug village stone houses
22. Be captivated by the sunset view in this stopover
23. Feel the serenity at Valugan Boulder Beach
24. Last but not the least, the incontestable and genuine hospitality of Ivatans!
Everything is picture-perfect. Anywhere you look in Batanes is postcard-worthy! If these photos didn’t satisfy you, then go see it for yourself!
So, did I prove you wrong?